I'd like to say Happy Summer to you, but whether or not it's actually Summer in the UK is debatable!
I hope you're well and enjoying whatever 2023 Summer vibes you can get.
We had a really strange Winter and Spring in the UK. I pretty much worked through the changes in weather, from September 2022 to June 2023 without a decent break. I had Christmas, 2 days off for my birthday in February, and then Easter off work; but I was dying for a real break. I decided that in order to be productive, to achieve more of my goals (and I have loads of them), and to honour my bodies request for a break, I would go on holiday. I thought about going to a few different places, Spain, Cyprus and Greece included, but I settled on France and I'm so happy I did.
Whilst in France, on the day that I was returning home, I heard an American lady say to her grandson, whilst we stood at the feet of the Eiffel Tower that "Health is more important than money!" And she was so right. It's a very simple but powerful and true statement.
Sometimes I feel like all I do is work, work, work. I feel like Rihanna made that song for me, because I have my 9-5 employment, and then I run my business 24/7, but there have been times when I needed to work as a distraction. I put work aside on the afternoon of June 20th and then I enjoyed travelling around Paris for 5 days. The weather was incredible, I met some lovely people, ate so much food, the sights were amazingly breathtaking and because of that I have so much videos and photos to share. The best way for me to share my travels was in a Paris Travel Vlog Series on the K London YouTube channel. I had 3 memory cards of footage, and that meant I needed to get straight to work and start editing as soon as I got home.
I share all of this because I want to encourage you to take time for yourself. Below are some self-care tips. And trust me, I am practicing what I preach.
1. Love on yourself this Summer and beyond.
2. Take time for you, say no when things don't serve you and spend time with yourself.
3. Incorporate self-care pampering into your week. Your body and your skin will thank you later.
4. Go on holiday if you can. Time away from your normal surroundings works wonders. Explore the world. See new things. You will NOT regret it. If you have beat me to it, and you have already made plans for the year, I'd love to know where you went or where you're going. Leave a comment.
5. Spend time with family. Create new memories. Feel the love.❤️
6. Go shopping and treat yourself to something NEW. It doesn't have to be expensive. It can be something that you want or something that you need.
7. And last but not least, remember "Your health is more important!"
Check out the Paris Travel Vlog Series on the K London YouTube channel and don't forget to subscribe for more weekly videos.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for daily motivation @kayishaonline.