|Posted on October 17, 2017 at 1:10 PM|
Let’s Get Straight In. We NEED To Get Healthier!
So, I’m a health freak, and here’s why.
I’ve suffered with Eczema most of my life and that has greatly affected my diet; the food I eat but also the foods I can enjoy. I think I’m also a health freak because I love and care about myself and really want to be able to enjoy my life. I want to be healthy and as a result, bring healthy children into the world (in the future). The aim of Kayisha Online is to be a constant source of inspiration, so a healthy diet is included. I’m going to list and breakdown foods 6 foods and 1 drink that we should be eating daily to stay healthy. I hope you follow suit, because I practice what I preach and I see the benefits.
1. Colourful Salads – Eat a bowl of salad with at least one meal today. Include items like red and green peppers, spinach, sweet corn, carrots, cucumbers, mushrooms, and onions. Salad can fill you up so you don’t need to have a big plait of your actual meal. Salad is high in Fiber, low in fat, full of vitamins, anti oxidants and lowers the risk of so many diseases. One bowl is most certainly worth it.
2. Calcium enriched foods – You can eat low fat dairy products as long as you’re not allergic to dairy like me, dark leafy greens like Kale and Broccoli and nuts and seeds, almonds, pistachios etc. Calcium is so important for not only our bones and teeth. Calcium in your body means you blood can clot, your heart can beat properly and yes, you can avoid osteoporosis.
3. Eat vegetables – If half of your plait is vegetables (just like mine usually is), you’re already on your way. Include as much vegetables in your meal as possible. Broccoli (one of my absolute favourites), green beans, cauliflower, avocado, beetroot, pumpkin and the list goes on. Your body needs a great deal of vitamins, minerals and nutrients and vegetables will provide that. They will protect you from unwanted sickness and keep you physically satisfied and healthy longer.
4. Snack on fruits - Instead of running to the vending machine, corner store, penny sweets, candy and cakes, snack on fruits. There is an endless list of fruits that you can eat, here's some of my favourites grapes when ther seeded, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapefruit, pineapple, cantaloupe, apricot, pear and apple in pies, lemon and lime. I don' t need to tell you how much vitamins, minerals, nutrients and antioxidants are in fruits and how they benefit your body overall.
5. Get some Protein – You can eat chicken and turkey, egg and tofu if you’re not a Pescetarian like me. If you are, you can eat fish (Tuna), peanut butter and beans kidney beans etc. These will give you energy, and fill you up so you’re not snacking constantly.
6. Munch on Prebiotics – Have some berries, cherries, onions, garlic and oats. We all need good bacteria in our bodies, say no to the bad bacteria, but good ones help our digestive system and prevent gastroenteritis, or irritable bowel syndrome.
7. WATER – Drink water! Flavoured water/ fruit infused water, vitamin water, still water... just drink water. It doesn’t matter if you like ice cold water, luke warm water, hot water or not, its important that you don’t leave yourself dehydrated and thirsty. Make your water interesting with natural flavours from fruits (grapes, ginger, mint, lemon etc) and you’ll have no problem with getting enough water each day.
There are so much reasons to make healthy choices every day and in fact, the list is extensive. Healthy food does more than keep you physically healthy and fit. Healthy food puts you in a good mood, makes you confident about your insides and outsides. You’ll have more energy and a chance to be a big kid with some kids no matter how old you are. You can be an example to others and could even save someone’s life. Healthy food tastes good and there’s so much creative things you can do to jazz it up.
Watch this Sophisticated K YouTube video, like I said before. "I practice what I preach and I do see the benefits."
Don't forget to forward this post with friends and family to give them an nudge in the right direction in the supermarket.
You can also follow me on Facebook and Instagram for daily motivation.
Have a blessed day!
LINKS TO CLICK
SK Food & Drink Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOFXDjK1SqA&list=PL3Ov0hYfX66dfAPpUlarAEC32u493PlqI