|Posted on February 25, 2017 at 8:10 PM|
N.B. I wrote this on Thursday 23rd February 2017 and I saved it so I could post it in the afternoon, but that didn't happen; so here goes.
At the start of February, I told you that I was branding this month Fantastic February and I've done that all the way up until this day. Today is February 23rd 2017 and we only have 5 days until the end of the month. but their going to be fantastic too.
Today is like a prelude to what I believe will be the biggest, most fantastic day of February so far, and I say that because tomorrow is the day of my book signing. The Meet Kayisha Ounce Of Faith And Inspiration Tour starts tomorrow. It's taking place in The Drum, Brent Civic Centre in Wembley, London across the road from the Wembley Arena. (Yes, I'm going back home for the first stop.)
I have been promoting like crazy since the middle of January. I've been making arrangements, ordering things, planning, creating promotional photos, inviting people and the list goes on. It's been very extensive, a whirlwind, but I have enjoyed the whole thing (by the way, I was a Self-employed Party Planner when I was 19 years old). I got so much deliveries and each time something arrived it was almost like it was my birthday and I couldn't wait to open my present.
Each promotional photo I designed and posted has been so extraordinary and captivating. I'm not only an Author; I'm a Photographer and Graphic Designer so getting creative excites my senses. Although red is my favourite colour, I love colour; so I always experiment with different colours and intend for my work to stand from the crowd. To see some of the promo photos I posted, go to the Kayisha Online Facebook page or Instagram page.
I'm so excited about tomorrow, but before I continue, I want to tell you a few things I did to prepare for Friday February 24th 2017.
1. I created the event on Eventbrite and started sharing the information and the link so people could register.
2. I created a Facebook event and invited a large amount of people.
3. I designed a classy and official digital invitation that I could send to all of my family and friends via Whatsapp. I told them that they're invited and that they should register for their FREE ticket on Eventbrite.co.uk.
4. I emailed people in the community, my old school teachers and other professionals so they knew it was taking place.
5. I constantly posted the photos I created on my Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Tumblr and Instagram accounts. I even included them in my YouTube videos. (Did people get fed up of me? Maybe, I don't know but that's how you promote.)
6. I was interviewed on a radio show in London to not only share my book and my story, but also to promote my book signing event.
7. I designed and order all of my flyers, cards, posters, bookmarks and all other print media.
8. I got sponsored by Faith In Nature and decided to support Niemann-Pick Disease Group UK.
9. I prepared all of the EXCLUSIVE gift bags.
10. I got a special Baker to make the cupcakes. (My book signing is happening on my birthday weekend so I'm giving everyone my favourite cake. What cake is it? you may be thinking. IT'S A SECRET UNTIL TOMORROW.)
11. I got my book signing pen, and I decided to get different colours in case people wanted to have a choice in what colour my signature is in their copy. (I'm unique like that)
12. How could I forget. I created my outfit of the day, got all of the items, tried it on, looked in the mirror from every angle, and smiled. I'm a Fashionista!
Before I did all of that, I made a list of everything I needed to do and get copies of the book was on the list as well. Those two things should have been number 1 and 2, but hey! I think I've done more than what I've listed, I wear a lot of hats in my CEO life, but you get the gist of it. Last but seriously not least, I've been praying. God knows that this book has been changing people's lives already and its only been 3 months. So, I've been praying a blessing on the day, praying that it will be successful, for POSITIVE VIBES ONLY and I'm hoping that I will touch lives and meet amazing people. It's going to be fantastic, fabulous and I can't wait to show you all of the photos, the video footage and then start planning the next one.
Remember I said this is just the start of the Ounce Of Faith And Inspiration Tour, so make sure you connect with me so you find out when and where the next one is going to be.
Check out my interview on Majestic Radio. This wasn't planned when I said February was going to be Fantastic, but trust me when I say it made it even more fantastic.
LINKS TO CLICK
Instagram Photo - https://www.instagram.com/p/BQ2hq6iDZP8/?taken-by=kayishaonline